Re: naming an unknown iris

Gunnar -- it's already named "Pink 'German'" imported from Holland probably
means that it was a rhizome taken from someplace and transported to a field
in Holland and propogated till several hundred were produced, put into a
container and sold.  May well have never had a name. Many Many Many many many
plants are produced that way, from bulbs (or blubs) to tubers, etc etc etc.
The growers find it easy to ship internationally and folks willingly buy
them, so they will continue to thrive.
	Your quest is futile.
	Have you tried to import from Cooley's or Shrieners (I'm not spelling that right)??? They are sooo big, they should have the necessary inspections,
etc.  How about the beardless varieties?  I would think that you would have
amazing beardless wonders there.  Do you have the Ensata Gardens catalog?
I'd think they'd be really happy to send you an order -- they are not awfully
big, but such very very nice guys.  Yes, it would cost a bit, but you'd
have hardy plants that would thrive where you are ( I'd think) and best of
all, you'd have their names!!
	Are you a member of the Society for Japanese Iris?  Lots of fantastic
photos to tide yu over the winter, too.
	It's going to take some extraordinary effort to get yu some that
you can really truly appreciate !!
PS.  I hear that the bears in Canada were/are late coming out of hibernation.
Do you find that true in Sweden?  Is your season late?
Carolyn Schaffner in Buffalo NY were there was an AWFUL storm for five mintues.
 	Watch for news in the Hamilton, Canada area where it was REALLLY awful
last night