I. pseudacorus

Rosie writes

:At the risk of sounding stupid--  WHAT are you all talking about re l.
:I'm just learning about iris, and this sounds like an interesting plant.

Iris pseudacorus is a beardless species, very tall, water-loving, with
yellow flowers. [I first saw it at Disneyland, of all places, planted
around the lake in Frontierland. Apparently it is pretty kid-proof.]

We had a discussion here a month or so ago on how to pronounce the name.
You can take a look at the archives if you're interested. That's what
the jokes are about.

Happy irising, Tom.