Clarence writes:

<< Apparently, when I. pseudacorus is introduced into the wild,
its strong constitution overwhelms the native American species.  And to think
that a few years back some misguided enviromentalists in Maryland had I.
pseudacorus put on the Maryland list of endangered species, making it a crime
to remove them from the wild...when of course it isn't native to Maryland at
all!  That has now been corrected!

I write this to get the word out that Iris pseudacorus should not be allowed
to go wild...but this seems almost a futile objective since I have seen this
iris around many ponds and lakes in VA!  And the seed is very hardy and
viable!  >>

Robert writes:

I knew there was a reason I did not like this plant besides being ugly and
weedy. (<:)