late freezes

Hi all!
Delurking for the first time on this list:

Linda Mann mentioned a damaging March freeze. Up here on the high plains,
we had a late hard freeze (22 degrees F on April 29th). My SDB's came
through better than expected, although several had deformed terminal
buds. I'm not sure about the TB's yet though--I'm seeing some deformed

First TB opened today--Innerst's Sterling Mistress

Hello Darkness has 8 stalks--yipee!

Lynda D. Love
--roasting in unseasonably warm temperatures at 5400 feet in Denver,
--zone 5, Region 20 AIS, convention garden host 1998 Denver AIS convention