re: hybridizing and unanswered questions

Tom said - <<VAIN CHALLENGER (Mann, '00) TB 30". Muddy yellow self. Resistant
to rot.  Rot Queen Gardens 2001>>

You are so mean!  I have been needing a good belly laugh in the midst of all
these wretched plants (just got back from an all day journey in 90o weather
to look at all of poor Phil Williams rotten plants - terrible!) and now my
computer is trying to die.  You got the height and color wrong though - it
will be 36" ML, pink and purple blend.  : )  Thanks for all the great info on
your breeding program.  Fascinating!  Will take a week to digest!

So, I guess one of the things I (and probably other beginners on the list)
don't know is what lines of breeding different hybridizers are working on.
 If someone, say Clarence, introduces a beautiful frilly pale yellow, does
that mean he is working on frilly pale yellows, or was he crossing a pink and
a purple trying to eventually get a pink and the yellow just showed up along
the way?   What in the world is Ernst working on?  I love all those blends.
 And how about Aitken?  Who are the commercial hybridizers on the list now
and will ye speak?

Linda Mann lmann76543@aol.com east Tennessee usa