Re: planting time in short-season areas

>You folks who live in short-season areas: When do you dig?

Our season in Colorado sounds pretty similar to yours.  I've noticed that
iris planted earlier tend to have a better chance to bloom the first year.  I
always stipulate "earliest possible delivery" on my orders, and end up doing
a lot of planting before July 15.

We usually get only between 50 and 70 percent bloom the first season.

-Lowell Baumunk