Re: Louisiana Iris Bloom

Robert and others:

My Louisiana iris season continues apace.  As I write this I am looking at
a beautiful brown tall vase...full of Louisiana irises:  Jeri, Ann
Chowning, Billy, Bob Ward, Koorawatha.

At my garden in the country, the Louisianas are glorious.  Grace Duhon was
about as pretty an iris as I've ever seen.

I have an  old La. blooming for me at my fish pond at home:  Finder's
Keepers...by Frank Chowning.  It is the oddest color.  And it is blooming
vigorously the FIRST YEARS IN A POT!  I like vigorous cultivars.

Today I gave a friend of mine two huge pots of I. pseudacorus...which were
in 5 gal. tubs...the foliage was at least 4 foot high.  We put the pots in
garbage sacks, and he put them in the backseat of his sedan...and they
strapped them in with seatbelts!  (It's the law in Arkansas!  All
passengers must be bucked up!)

Tom Dillard
Little Rock, Arkansas
USDA Zone 7b