Maxi-Crop (seaweed)

I use Maxi-Crop as a spray mixed two tablespoons to the gallon about once a
month. Since this is the first year I have used it I can't verify if it is
as super as reported by others or it's something else that has really
turned our garden on this year. Not only are the iris flowers large and
beautiful but my roses are as nice as Joe Ghio's. Some varieties such as
Edith Wolford that have never done much for me (I wondered why they won
awards) are really showing off.

Speaking of roses Joe Ghio put me on to using Rally as a spray ratio of 2
teaspoons to the gallon for black spot etc and it really works. In
California we have found Rally to be the most effective against leaf
spot.(Same ratio) Without a commercial license you should be able to find
it as Eagle ( it's the same thing) for the homeowner.

We also use Goal for both a pre and post weed control. I spray at planting
and have just now had to go in and do some touchup. I have not heard of
anybody having damage to bearded iris. PCI'S will get some leaf burn. I
have used it on LA'S without problems. It sure saves alot of labor. This
Spring Bill Maryott came to visit and couldn't believe how weed free my
garden was. Guess who is now using it?

I hope that by passing on some tips I can help someone grow beautiful plants.

Jay Hudson at the Iris Gallery on the Beautiful North Coast of California