HIPS Convention

    >> Incidentally, I hope you guys are planning to have an AIS Sanctioned
Showin conjunction with the HIPS Convention.  Looking forward to attending.
 How close is it scheduled to other conventions.<<

We're still not sure if we'll conflict with the Siberian section convention
for 2000-hope to get that worked out amicably at the Board meeting at MASS
Medley.  HIPS is scheduled for the first weekend in June, 2000.
I was kinda hoping to duck having a show for this first HIPS Convention, but
*it would be a good way to be sure and see some historic beardless iris*.
 I was going to try some experiments this year by using black plastic and
Walls -o-Water to push bloom season on the beardless just like the
tomato-growers who have contests to see who can grow the earliest tomato.
 Got the idea at Napa Garden in CA where I saw TBs in bloom just inches from
SDBs that were still in tight bud.
*Jay Hudson*-how did they do that?

Kathryn Mohr
HIPS Convention Co-Chair