I've got rot?!?

  • To: IRIS-L@Rt66.com
  • Subject: I've got rot?!?
  • From: lwilliam%smtpgate@csgmp.csg.org (Laura Williams)
  • Date: Mon May 20 10:01:29 1996
  • Mmdf-Warning: Parse error in original version of preceding line at csgmp.csg.org

I'm a new iris grower; just picked up some rhizomes last year at a local
Iris Society sale.  One pink TB appeared to develop some holes in the
exposed rhizome (borer??), but made it through winter and I thought it
was doing OK though not blooming this year.  Alas! The foliage was
turning yellow, so on closer investigation yesterday I noticed that the
rhizome had mushy areas and the fan was breaking off at the rhizome.  Is
this the dreaded rot I keep reading about?  Everybody else (about six TB
white irises and one blue [Ft. Bragg] is fine.

Thanks for any input!

Laura Williams
Lexington, KY