Re: dwarfs, Pseudocorus

Please pardon my second posting but I heartily second Clarence's comments re
dwarf beardeds.  I have little experience with these only growing some older
varieties until last year and I was less than impressed.  They were nice,
bloomed early but didn't last long and were undistinguished.

Last year I bought a couple of newer named varieties and they just BLEW ME
AWAY.  They still need more buds and a longer bloom period but the blooms I
got were exquisite.  So, this year I ordered about 30 more.

As long as you are going to grow these, it is definitely worth it to grow
newer dwarfs.  Truly amazing when compared to the old ones.  And......they
are cheap, cheap, cheap.

Re: Pseudocorus.  I have grown it for several years and it has not been a
good performer for me.  Lush foliage, grows well, sparse bloom.  I am trying
to move pieces around because I think I have it in the wrong spot so we will
see.  It does provide a nice vertical accent in the perennial bed.

I just acquired Pseudocorus variegata and if it doesn't bloom I don't care.
The foliage is NICE!

Lee DeJongh in Rhinelander WI