A trip report to Cooley's and Schreiner's

	Thought the group might be interested -

	Yesterday, Sunday I took a trip to these two commercial growers in
Oregon. They are about 10 miles apart. What an interesting trip. Both
places had lovely display gardens.
 The downside of the trip was the weather - but what else is new this year.
 Both display gardens had other flowers to enhance the display. It was nice
to see how other flowers can be mixed with iris. The walkways were grass
and normally ok but the rain has made walking mushey.  Not all varities
were in bloom. It looked like I was about one week early as there are lots
and lots of buds. Nearby, each location had a place to purchase cut iris.
Naturally, one could stop and place an order but I wanted to look and get
the catalogs.

	I purchased catalogs at both places for $5.00 refundable on first
order.  What I find interesting is that both catalogs have a different
	Cooley's Catalog is organized by flower color and Schreiner's Catalog
is organized by alphabetical name of the flower. Both have indexes by name.
	Both are in full color and high quality printing. Amazingly, both
catalogs are 76 pages.
	Both companies have web pages with maps, if you are headed toward
Salem, Oregon.

	One comment is that the flowers appear to me to be more pastel in
color than in the catalog. I presume that this is a printing limitation.

	- Tim -