Rot/USDA zone 5 Bloom Report

Hello everyone!
	Long time since I have gotten a chance to contribute...been busy
as a Master Gardener lately.  Our weather has really warmed up in the
past week...gone from 40's-50's as daytime highs to highs in the mid to
upper 80's!!!  Also have had about 8 inches of rain in the past 2
weeks...perfect, now I have soft rot.  I am going to use Dave's method
of spraying my iris with Streptomycin Sulfate...ended up bying a product
that is put out by Ferti-Lome called Fire Blight Spray...it has a 21.2%
Streptomycin Sulfate content.  No one had ever heard of
Agri-Strep...including the Cooperative Extension Service.  I sure hope
this is the cure-all for rot.  I have some nice bloomstalks
coming...already blooming or done blooming are:  IB:  PONY, HELGA'S HAT,
LOW HO SILVER,  SDB: TANTARA, KHAKI PRINT, PET, SPLASH OF RED, SUNSTRIP,
FLOWER SHOWER, DARKLING, DARK CRYSTAL, BABY BLESSED, BABY BOOM, EXTRA
CHARM, SMELL THE ROSES, RAINBOW SHERBET, AURORALITA,  TB: VIOLET
REPRISE, QUEEN DOROTHY, and RE-TREAT.  I just hope that I will have a
few nice things in bloom next weekend so my daughter and I can take a
few to our local AIS show!!!

Julie Irwin <bajai@mtco.com>
USDA zone 5  Pekin,  IL