Re: Irisarians in Medford, OR area

>I think it's been established that we're allowed to mention our first bloom.
> Well... at the Guest residence, the honor goes to a cute little purple &
>blue number named "Sparky".  I was particularly pleased because this is the
>nickname we call my oldest - a wonderful daughter and the light of our
>life... and Sparky had the good sense to bloom on her birthday!  My own
>Sparky is now 25 years young.
>Can I get a Hallaluhiah?
>Kathy Guest... who spent one full day rolling in the dirt and is in hog

Congratulations Kathy. We in California can only imagine what it is like to
have first blooms so late. Things have been so crazy here that I still have
SDB'S, and IB's blooming along with about half of the TB'S. Siberians and
spurias are just starting. Almost all of the pacific coast are finished.
Some different species are in bloom or getting ready.

When I reported earlier about using Maxi-crop (seaweed) on the plants I
thought I should follow up. I did get some leaf spot after using it, but it
was very slight. People visiting our garden are amazed at the size if our
flowers. Today the Redwood Iris Society met here and they couldn't believe
the sizes. Must have been the Maxi-Crop. I know for sure that I will
continue to use it.

After the convention you mentioned we were just your kind of people. Sorry
Kathy, but I don't ROLL IN DIRT.

Now that we are wound down from the convention Terri and I are looking
forward to seeing all of you in Mass.

Jay Hudson

At the Iris Gallery on the beautiful North Coast of California