MTB's and IB's

Clarence is right about all the great performing MTB's and IB's - most of
them are past bloom now, but I saw lots and lots of evidence of heavy bloom,
especially (I think) amongst the miniature talls.  Julie commented on how
much more reliable they seem to be in her garden compared to the tall
bearded.  I do like some of them but have stayed away because they
(especially IB's) tend to bloom even earlier than early tall bearded iris and
I am afraid my frost pocket would keep most of them from ever blooming - I.
germanica has bloomed well here about twice in 25 yrs.  And besides, they are
too short to see above  the weeds.

Somebody commented that there must be a pony here somewhere - I found it!
  Dappled Pony, late blooming MTB.