Re: Innerst iris, bloom report

Pegasus Parade (Innerst) just opened yesterday evening and has three
absolutely gorgeous normal stalks.   All of the late bloomers are coming
along and some are absolutely gorgeous (=normal) except for some that I reset
last year (combination of summer drought and winter cold).  Some are taller
than I have ever seen (maybe to compensate for all the short early ones!).
 All 5 of my new Tompkins iris are about to open, and the old clump of Joyful
News is loaded with stalks.  Windsong West, Dusky Challenger, Bayberry
Candle, some unlabelled tan and lavender blends, an old lavender and greenish
brown double rimmed fragrant thing that grows like a weed, and tons of old
red/browns are full of normal bloom.  Heritage Lace, Stairway to Heaven,
Indian Ceramics, Orange Slices, Laced Cotton, and Lacy Snowflake are also
doing well, and good ol Desert Realm is just starting to open.  Still waiting
on those 4 stalks of Schreiner's lacy lavender seedling.

Of iris that I divided and moved during the heat and drought last July, only
two did really well - Desert Realm and Behold A Lady.  Every rhizome of
Desert Realm has a stalk, and about half of Behold A Lady.  So I guess they
win the rot symposium in my garden this year.  The only 'early' tall bearded
that bloomed normally were Churchill Downs and Victoria Falls (some of the
earliest stalks were stunted)..

I'd sure love to hear about other successful bloom in areas that were badly
damaged by the March freeze.