LAs in the midwest/Starting time in the South

RE: Louisiana iris in the midwest Steve said:

> I also have many cultivars which move north well.
> Steve

True and a much wider selection!

Sorry, Steve, I didn't mean to slight you ;+).  Lee and Penny are nearly
neighbors, and I was focused on finding someone close to her.

RE: Starting time in the south

The problem with starting iris in July for you (and me!) is keeping them
watered.  It is so much easier to wait until September when we start
getting some rain and the temps drop a bit.

Rodney - In Texas where Beverly Sills is the last TB still blooming.
Seven blooms from a single stalk and still counting! (Her first year.
Transplanted in September.)