Coffee drinkers only!

Amy:

Most Louisiana folk are not Cajun.  Cajuns are Arcadians French who refused
British rule and we deported.  Those that came to Louisiana settled along
Bayou Tech and Bayou Lafouche in south Louisiana.  I never heard of a Cajun
until I read Longfellow's Evangeline in the 8th grade.  Former Gov. Edwin
Edwards made it a national sterotype.  The French use to be called Coon Asses
of which is still a popular phrase among its citizenry.

Chicory coffee is a New Orleans thing.  Most folks in Louisiana drink dark
roasted coffee.  It is made strong, fresh and hot with or without cream and
sugar.  A popular brand is Community Coffee that is roasted and packaged in
Baton Rouge.  You can buy light, medium or dark roast.  There is a chicory
blend.  The light stuff is for the Yanks.  Chicory is for New Orleans types.

Robert Turley
LaBelle, FL

Louisiana born and raised.