Re: Intro and Hybridizing Question.

>Jim Schroetter
>Fredericksburg, VA

Just read your interesting introductory message! I am delighted re your
interest in hybridizing irises!!! We are in much need of more iris
hybridizers here in the East!  I already got a report on your show from
Rosalie Figge, who I believe was one of the judges at the Fredericksburg
show.  (She is a good person to know re rebloomers since she is a past editor
of the Reblooming Iris Recorder, used to have a reblooming iris test garden,
grows lots of rebloomers and just took office as the President of the
Reblooming Iris Society.  She told me yesterday that she has gotten Olive
Rice-Waters to take on the job of Slides Chairman for the RIS, which is a
real coup.  Olive's husband George Waters, who puts out Pacific Horticulture,
is one of the world foremost authorities on horticultural photography!)

Hope you are coming to the Region 4 Spring Meeting at Leesburg on May
17-18...in any event, please come to the iris show there on the morning of
the 18th and bring all the irises you can, of all types, to enter into the
show! It is the famous "Largest Iris Show in the US!!!(Or will be if we get
your entries!)  Great to have you on line, and hope to see you later in the
week!!!!   Clarence Mahan in McLean VA   CEMahan@aol.com