Louisiana iris in the midwest (was: Rot tolerance ...)

Lee said:

> I still want to try Louisianas.  Is this totally out of the question
for me?
> Am I beinn really stupid to try to push my luck that far?  Everything I've
> read says that their range is not determined and that some are hardy in
> the midwest.

Lee,

You should be able to grow Lousianas.  Penny Aguirre grows (and sells)
them in Golden Valley, MN near Minneapolis.  She would be a good source
of info and plants for you.  Give her a call or drop her a note:

Penny Aguirre
Cooper's Garden
2345 Decatur Ave. N.
Golden Valley MN 55427