Re: Louisiana iris in the midwest (was: Rot tolerance ...)

  • To: iris-l@Rt66.com
  • Subject: Re: Louisiana iris in the midwest (was: Rot tolerance ...)
  • From: jsbrown@redrose.net
  • Date: Wed, 15 May 1996 16:19:01 +0000
  • Comments: Authenticated sender is <jsbrown@[]>
  • Return-Receipt-To: jsbrown@redrose.net

> Date:          Wed, 15 May 96 07:30:21 MDT
> From:          "Rodney A. Barton" <rbarton@jove.acs.unt.edu>
> To:            Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@Rt66.com>
> Subject:       Louisiana iris in the midwest (was: Rot tolerance ...)

> Lee said:
> > I still want to try Louisianas.  Is this totally out of the question
> for me?
> > Am I beinn really stupid to try to push my luck that far?  Everything I've
> > read says that their range is not determined and that some are hardy in
> > the midwest.
> Lee,
> You should be able to grow Lousianas.  Penny Aguirre grows (and sells)
> them in Golden Valley, MN near Minneapolis.  She would be a good source
> of info and plants for you.  Give her a call or drop her a note:
> Penny Aguirre
> Cooper's Garden
> 2345 Decatur Ave. N.
> Golden Valley MN 55427
> 612-542-9447
> Rodney
> Rbarton@jove.acs.unt.edu

I also have many cultivars which move north well.
J. Steven Brown              Mt. Gretna Gardens
                             Iris and Daylilies.
2493 Pinch Road
Manheim, PA 17545-9466
USA                     Internet:jsbrown@redrose.net
(717) 664-4066          Homepage:"http://www.success.net/
  fax 664-5081                                 mggarden/"