Re: bloom report - Tennessee Gentleman

> Sterling Stitch, though stunted by the March
>cold, seems to hold its blooms a long time too.  Is this a characteristic of
>Innerst iris?

No way! Sterling Innerst's introductions are uniformly first rate and grow
great everywhere! And of course, I'm sure you know, his BEFORE THE STORM is a
front runner for the Dykes Medal.  I really like this iris, and not just
because it's so close to black in color.  It is a good garden iris without
all the ruffles, lace and frills.  Clarence Mahan in VA