Re: Big Iris Shows....AIS Sanctioned Of Course!

>The regular cite for the Chesapeake and Potomac Iris Society to hold its May
>show is the U.S. Capitol Botanic Garden on the Mall in Washington D.C

My goodness, Clarence--that sounds terrific.  I'd love to take that in some
time, especially since for some strange reason (I lived there 10 mos. and
KNOW it can be a dangerous place!), DC is one of the few cities that doesn't
give me a nearly terminal case of continuous "RED ALERT."  But to attend a
show at the U.S. Botanic Garden--oh, my!

Can you give me (Show Chair) a point of advice?  How do you manage crowd
control as the irises are judged?  We have a show in a mall and are having
more and more problems with folks "molesting" the irises before the judges
can get a good look at them.  How do you discourage this, yet still let
people see the irises from a decent vantage point?  Especially if manpower is
limited?

If anyone else wants to address this issue, PLEASE do.

(P.S.   Isn't that 'site' rather than 'cite'--sorry, can't help it--it's the
cataloger in me!  I'm completely with you on the coffee issue, however!)

Dorothy Fingerhood
Newfield, NY (Zone 4)
DFingerhoo@aol.com