Re: New subscriber from South Africa

:I have a small garden in a small town in the Eastern Province where 4
:terrestrial biomes intersect.  This means lots of funny weather and
:often drought.  Example,  Chant has just produced 7 buds in what is
:our fall - your spring.  Not really a gardener ( I potter) so won't
:be contributing but already I am enjoying what you all have to say.

Very glad you could join us, Sally. I hear of so many interesting plants
from South Africa--exotic bulbs, succulents, etc.--that I'm curious
what the different climates there are like. Do you happen to know
your average annual rainfall? I'm also curious about the annual
temperature extremes. How far inland are you?

Cheers, Tom.