Intro & question

  • To: "'Iris's R us!'" <iris-l@Rt66.com>
  • Subject: Intro & question
  • From: TERESA FELTNER <tfeltner@seidata.com>
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 1996 19:25:57 -0600
  • Encoding: 13 TEXT
  • Return-Receipt-To: <tfeltner@seidata.com>

Hi everyone,
I just subscribed and have a quick question that I hope someone can help me
with:  I planted 90+ bearded iris rhizomes (sp?) 2 yrs ago (they were given
to me) It looks like they will give me a wonderful display this year ; is
there anything that I can plant with the Iris's to act as a "filler" or a
"ground cover" in the bare spots?  I've thought about
"Snow-on-the-mountain", or some other ground cover.  I was worried that
some harm might come to the irises if I planted something too
aggressive...also, I'm afraid to mulch because I understand that the
rhizomes need to stay uncovered.  You can tell that I am new to growing
irises, and I'd appreciate any advice you could offer.
Thanks in advance.