Re: Uncloaking....Now! (with questions)

> :    (snip).......(from Howard)........... The best I can
> :do is dappled sun for 5 hours on good days. Are there any Iris that will
> :tolerate these conditions?

	Hi,

	I'll jump in because I have some Japanese iris (who the
	`books' say demand at least six hours of full sun daily) that bloomed
	the first year in my back yard....they are very vigorous plants but
	there are two that are in an even shadier spot that haven't shown any
        green this year, yet....but the other Japanese are looking very good.

	The absolute maximum of sun in my rear garden is five hours, maybe
	less. Other factors are at work besides the wonderful sun ..acid
	soil, correct culture (lots of watering in the fall,etc), rich soil,
	etc.  Also, I have mainly older cultivars.....

	I definitely would try a few Siberians in Zone 5....experiment and
	see what happens.

	Good luck,

	Ellen Gallagher  e_galla@moose.ncia.net  USDA Zone 3, No. New Hampshire