Re: Big Iris Shows....AIS Sanctioned Of Course!

>We have a show in a mall and are having
>more and more problems with folks "molesting" the irises before the judges
>can get a good look at them.  How do you discourage this, yet still let
>people see the irises from a decent vantage point?  Especially if manpower

Dorothy...putting my 2 cents in here.... Carolyn Schaffner made great signs
for our show tables that say "please - no foliage fondling".  I love it... so
much more friendly than "DON'T TOUCH".  Rich Randall made stantions (sp?) for
his show with PVC pipe that is fit into a square of wood - with ribbon draped
in between.  Thought that was a cool idea.

Also...you need to have your schmoozers working the crowd at ALL TIMES...
even when judging is in progress - let them choose a victim ... er... SUBJECT
- and explain what the judges are doing and why.

And on the coffee issue.... definately brewed - with espresso or chickory
mixed in... and enjoyed 'neat'.

Just flew in from Florida... and boy are my arms tired....