Re: Organic tips

>>So everytime I see a weed or two growing
>>I just make myself a cup of coffee and then take the extra boiling water
>>and go on my weed mission!
>The above was written by Chris H. in Canada.  I would like to say thank you
>for the suggestion, which is both sensible and organic!  But, Chris, this
>does sound as though you are drinking instant coffee! Oh, yuk! As an addict
>of fine coffee, I must ask you to refrain from allusions to that instant
>stuff...It pains me to even hear it mentioned.  Extraordinarily sensitive
>Clarence Mahan in Viriginia who is :) ing.

The solution to this problem is obvious. As a good Canadian, Chris needs to
give up (instant) coffee, and drink tea. I have killed many ants with the
boiling water left over in the tea kettle.

The dwarf beardeds started blooming yesterday. Just in time to get smashed
by a major storm. The bloom stalks look like someone stepped on them. Am I
nutty enough to go out and stake these little guys? Maybe. I don't think I
have stakes that small though.

Kay Cangemi
Mid-Hudson Valley NY, USDA zone 5