bloom report - Tennessee Gentleman

Tennessee Gentleman was given to me as part of a welcome package when I
joined AIS in 1991.  It never bloomed until this year (an otherwise terrible
year for bloom) - I moved it last year.  One bud opened on Friday, a hot
(upper 80's) windy day.  Saturday was also hot and very windy.  Sunday was
much cooler, and today it is cloudy and downright cold.  That bloom still
looks like it just opened.  Sterling Stitch, though stunted by the March
cold, seems to hold its blooms a long time too.  Is this a characteristic of
Innerst iris?