First-ever Iris blossoms

I just thought I would update everyone on the status of the iris in my bog
garden {even though none of you have asked - just an oversight, I'm sure ;-)
}.  The iris I obtained from Clarence Mahan are doing really well.  I
noticed Saturday that I have several bloom stalks up.  Now I'm anxiously
awaiting the first sign of color.  I wasn't even sure I would see any
flowers this year.  Clarence advised me to put the rhizomes in pots of soil
and then submerge the pots into the water and gravel.  I have to admit, I
ran out of pots and "temporarily" planted some of the rhizomes directly into
the gravel.  They are just as tall, with just as many bloom stalks, as the
rhizomes in the pots.  Once again, I want to thank Clarence.  And yes, I
have invited him over to see them.  He is extremely busy this time of year
and will attempt to get over.
  Thanks to Clarence and everyone else who encouraged me with the sound
advice.
Charlie Rodgers
Maryland

P.S.  I hope everyone who made it to Sacramento enjoyed the convention.  I
haven't been home in six years (Sac'to is my home), but now I'm thinking
about going out.