How to divide rot damaged rhizomes?

All of my TB's are now finished blooming for this year and I have three
rhizomes with rot damage, but with very healthy increases from this spring.
I have removed the rotten portion of each damaged rhizome without disturbing
the new increases. These rot damaged TB's were purchased an planted last
fall.  They now each have two new increases and some of last year's rhizome

When I dig and divide my other iris late this summer, should I also divide
the new increases on the damaged rhizomes?  If I do divide these, should I
just separate them completely from each other, as well as, from any portion
of last year's rhizome?

Related questions:

When I divide bearded iris, should I remove last year's portion of the
rhizome, regardless of how healthy it might be?

Should each new division get a portion of the old rhizome if it is healthy?

Does a healthy older portion of the rhizome store food for the rest of the
plant and increase bloom on the newest increases?

In the same vein, does dividing too often delay or deter first bloom on new

If the older portion of the rhizome is still healthy can I plant this
separately in a pot to force dormant buds on the old rhizome and increase
stock of favorite varieties?