Organic tips

Here is one tip that I have found to be very useful. This is for weed
control and eradication in the cracks of your walkway or patio area. Mine
has no weeds at all. All you have to do use boiling water from your
kettle and pour it onto the growing weeds. This virtually cooks the
weed's foliage AND root system. So everytime I see a weed or two growing
I just make myself a cup of coffee and then take the extra boiling water
and go on my weed mission! Quick and easy and no chemicals involved.

As far as solarization of garden beds is concerned, there will be an
article in the upcoming July issue of the Canadian Iris Society
Newsletter that discusses this interesting item. I think that this is a
process that may be of beneficial use to not only iris gardeners but all
gardeners in general.

Chris Hollinshead e-mail: bu336@torfree.net
Mississauga, Ontario Canada  zone 6b