Transplanting

I was asked the best way to prepare to move some TB's who is going to
sell her house and move towards the end of the year.

I suggested the following alternatives, but would like some feedback or
other thoughts from folks. Most of her Iris are divisions she got last
year.

1. Dig and divide them this summer, put them in pots or small moveable
planters. When she moves (assume in Nov - Dec) should she put them in the
ground or leave them in the pots for the bloom season? She is zone 8
around here.

2. Dig and divide them this summer, put them into a big pile of bedding
soil ("heel them in" is the term I have heard used) like they do for
roses in the nurseries. Then when she moves, lift them gently, keep the
roots moist and plant (or heel again) as soon as possible. Is this likely
to loose the next bloom cycle?

That's all I thought of at the moment, any other suggestions?
--
Thanks                   | "There be dragons here"
John                     |  Annotation used by ancient cartographers

John Jones, 35572 Linda Dr., Fremont CA, 94536
jijones@ix.netcom.com, USDA zone 8 (coastal, bay)