Increases and Blooming

I'm trying to figure a few things out, so if any of you can help I will
appreciate it. Last year I dug all my iris and separated them.

Starting with a rhizome that has bloomed and sent out increases in one
season. If I divide all them all, can I expect that under reasonable
growing conditions, the increases should bloom the following year?

Will the "mother" rhizome continue to put out increases but not bloom
itself (herself?)?

I have also noticed that some of the increases I planted (including some
I got from the local Iris club sale) have put up multiple fans but no
blooms (at least not yet).

A couple have also sent up multiple fans and multiple bloom stalks. I
was thinking that because I planted them here in zone 8 (coastal, bay)
California in August, that they had time to grow enough to set the
blooms in new increases.

I know there are no immutable laws of Physics here (except the immutable
law of eastern Iris growing - Irisborer) but I am trying to get some
sense of what to expect.
--
Thanks                   | "There be dragons here"
John                     |  Annotation used by ancient cartographers

John Jones, 35572 Linda Dr., Fremont CA, 94536
jijones@ix.netcom.com, USDA zone 8 (coastal, bay)