unwanted brush

       Greetings from Port Franklin, friendliest place in Oz!
             barrie@cloud.net.au      <Barrie Partridge>
-=> Quoting Dejonlee@newnorth.net to Barrie Partridge <=-

 De> I have a solution which, believe it or not, I used on my neighbors.

 De> The answer is :  ROUNDUP

 De> My neighbors cut two lombary poplars in their yard last year.  Soon,
 De> the poor trees, desparate to live, were sending sprouts up everywhere,
 De> mostly in my yard, my flower beds and even as far as my house.

 De> I sprayed the Suckers (literally) with ROUNDUP, stumps, too.

 De> So, Carolyn, and others so inclined, go out in the dead of night and
 De> spray those lot lines, that errant bamboo, those nasty little trees.

       I have no wish to get involved with the moral issues in this
       message, but a point is worth making about Roundup, especially
       as far as Bamboo is concerned.
       Roundup only works on foliage.  So, do all in your power to
       bring the errant plants into leaf.  Water them, even fertilise
       them, and then, when the damned things produce a forest of
       leaves, THAT is the time to go to work with the Roundup.
       There is a sense in which it is not even necessary to invade
       the neighbour's property.  Roundup is a SYSTEMIC poison.  So if
       one of these plants producing runners appears on your side of
       the fence, encourage it to produce leaves, then douse it in
       Roundup and watch the results.  Chances are that even the bits
       on the other side of the fence will die off.  Those who so
       wished could even express surprise that this had occurred when
       they had only treated the bits on their own plot!!!!!!!!
       Barrie, the Pear Tree Twit!
       Back to the birdseed now - you can see I've had some already!
       Much better than Roundup!

.. Searching for the roots of the family Pear tree!

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.20