Re: Season is Over!

Robert Turley:  How does Beverly Sills do down there?  Someone asked whether
there is a kind of catagorization of bearded iris for hardiness, or softness
or at least some applicaton of zonal considerations.  What grows well , TB-wise
for you? Does Beveraly Sills?  In my garden, it prefers to be medium dry.
It's not happy this year with the rains, the constant, dragged out rain.
Vanity has never done well for me. It's gone now, and Eternal Bliss I don't
have. (Vanity and BS would make a lovely bloom, but I don't know the "RULES"
of hybridizing, or, how does one know what will make lovely crosses_
Anyhow, maybe now that bloom is past, you wouldhave time to collect responses
in a poll named "good growers by zone" or 'survivors of the rain" or
some such.  I certainly don't have time.  I have to go out there and stand
over the little bearded ones and see to it that the show goes on!!
It's a light rain, for the most part, and is great for the complexion, and
makes my hair curl!! So, it's great for transplanting things.
Carolyn Schaffner in 60 degrees at 4 AM Buffalo, NY  -- SPRING!!