Re: Iris borer

Hi Dave. Good heavens!! siberians in bloom?  In Buffalo NY we haven't seen any
iris since ritulata in early April!!  What do you do for fun???

The Juglone seems to come from roots, also.  I don't get leaves as much as
those long stems?? from leaf clusters, or maybe the leaves just disappear
without notice.  But I live at the drip line of the neighbor's tree, and among
several that seeded into neighbors' yards and they don't care.. along the
fencelines, folks just ignore seedlings until they knock the fence down,over,
etc. Some folks try to grow GRASS, can you imagine!!  The guy behind the
eunammyous (sp???) hedge grows rocks, birdfeeder, ill placed iris, a water
spout of sorts, mud, old car parts.  Another person grows bamboo which likes
my garden better so he cuts it once a season and lets me have the rest.
The other guy mows up to 3 ft of the fence and gives up at the edge.  Cute littlblack walnut trees!!

So I'm trying to figure out how to figure out what grows under the influence
of that juglone.  If I can understand the principle of dicot/monocot, I will
be able to choose plants.  I know, if I just do daylilies and or iris, but
I don't.

That's what I do for fun instead of looking at siberians in bloom.
Carolyn Schaffner