Re: Iris borer & Winter??

	I am confused by this - some parts of Canada are south of Buffalo
	and those of us who try to garden in USDA Zone 3 in New England (!),
	know that ol' man winter comes here before it thinks of appearing in
	Nova Scotia, etc. - and it stays forever, it seems.

	New England includes Northern Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont
	which all have Zones comprising 3 to 5. This is a obvious sticking
	point with me....sorry.

	Admittedly, the Northwest Territories (Zone 2 ?) are a different saga
	entirely but most of inhabited Canada (where we have family) has a
	higher climatic zone than we do here in the White Mountains of New
	Hampshire.....perhaps the Iris Borer (of which I admittedly have
	never seen and only know what I have read) does do what Chris and
	Dave maintain but I DO know about winter and the North Pole....

	Ellen  e_galla@moose.ncia.net