Re: Iris borer & Winter??

Ellen -- Microclimates!! think Microclimates!!  Buffalo is heavily influenced
by Lake Erie.  And if the city/state whoever doesn't remove the ice boom, the
city stays cold until, well, hell freezes over.  It's much colder four miles
from my house down by the lake than at my house.  Without doubt, these
smaller zones happen all over.  Borer happens.
Carolyn Schaffner, south of Chris Hollinhead and north of Point Paelie (or
however it's spelled -- southernmost point of Canada)
CarolynSchaffner