Re: to Clarence & Bill Smoot

Ginny :  What did the message on GARDENS say?  Whisper!!  What is GARDENS
	Haven't heard from you in cyberweeks.  How are things?

	I have absolutely no signs of bloom on iris!! This is MAY and nothing
has bloomed!! The little ones should have been there, done that!!!  Our show
is a month from today and if something doesn't happen really quick, there
won't be much of a show.  I am going to judge in Pittsburgh on June 1 that's
not far away!!!!!

	But other stuff is going right along.  We need a touch of ran, however.
(that's RAIN!)  My violets are out, daffs of course, forsythia is lasting al
reallly long time, flowering crab trees on the streets, panseys from the
market.  AND!!  I got a BLACK perennial geranium that is, I think, fragrant!!
I'm going to line my stone walk with perennial geraniums because herbs will
not survive for me.  I'm going to make containers to put them in.  You're
an herb lady... is the poison from black walnut trees preventing growth
of herbs?  Advise on container growing herbs?

	Do you get this mag called THE NEW GARDEN?  It's to go along with the
PBS series called the new garden which our channel 17 had on for a few weeks.
I like this mag.  It does seem supplemental and not very thorough.  This May/Junone is about "starting an herb garden"

I'm going to VA about June 22 and hope to see both Clarence's and Bill Smoot's

Carolyn Schaffner in warming up Buffalo, NY. The rains are passing southof us.