5 weeks to bloom?

At 07:51 PM 5/7/96 MDT, you wrote:
>Re last w-end activities.  You might want to read message on GARDENS
>called 'Iris Fun'. View of irisarians from a general gardener.
>Ginny,(who has approx 5 weeks to bloom)
All you northern gardeners said you would have the last laugh. My bloom is
almost over. BOO HOO and you still are either in the peak or having yours to
look forward to. The peak bloom was spectacular. I know that I hybridize
just so I can have hundreds of babies to eagerly watch open. There are still
some stalks coming on but the main bloom is over and swelling pods are
everywhere. My JI 's are just sending up stalks. Something strange here but
I get JI 's that bloom way until the fall. People in my local group can't
believe it when I bring in JI in september. wierd huh. Well I had been
feeling sorry for the snow people not having seen the ground for 6 months do
you feel sorry for me watching the bloom dwindle and wither?
Karin Hinsen  seconfid@mtnweb.com
Central coast of California