poor rotted iris

Hellooo everybody!
Temporary back from the sick bed......

well......uhhh......I mean.....

My Iris sick bed.

I'm so sad..sniff.
Last year I bought one white tall Iris, and I was so full of
expectations this year, to see it bloom. But when I was investigating
why it was groing so slowly, horror, the new fan fell of. Nearer study
showed that the rhizome was rotted in that part.

I have now cut away the rotted parts, was I doing the right thing???
(It vas'nt smelling any perticular bad.)
I have seen some new grovth on the side of the rhizome, is this the new
rhizomes to come??.
Have I lost this years bloom ???

Maybe it was a too shady place it was groing in ??
Do anyone know what type of rot this is and how I can avoid it??

So having 1 out of 1 iris rotted doesn't look to good!!

Maybe it's better for me to collect pictures of Iris instead?!

See you later,    Gunnar Andersson Stockholm/Sweden