Re: re virus streaks and weather

>I notice Honey
>Glazed has a lot of what I think is viral streaking in the falls this year

This experience is to be expected from Honey Glazed...also from the IB AZ AP.
 Anne and Mike Lowe and I just judged the Portsmouth VA show and the entries
of AZ AP were all heavily virus streaked...but we did not fault the entries
because this is "normal" with this iris.  By the way, the Portmouth show was
wonderful.  Anyone who doubts the benefits of having an AIS sanctioned show
would have to eat their words!!!  The Queen was a beautiful stalk of FICTION.
 lst runner-up a splendid stalk of the Louisiana DIXIE DEB.  Third runner-up
was the pretty border bearded iris PINK BUBBLES.  There were a number of
species entered, e.g. versicolor, cristata, pseudacorus, pallida, etc.  Plus,
tall beardeds, border beardeds, intermediates, miniature tall beardeds and
one standard dwarf.  They also had a nice design division.  Best seedling was
a unique and extremely beautiful plicata IB seedling of Marky Smith's (from
Washington).  A shockingly beautiful iris!  Dennis Pearson (did I spell that
right Dennis?)  who is on this list won the Bronze medal for second most blue
ribbons.

At Bill Smoot's beautiful garden we saw lots of spectacular irises, including
Iris japonica in bloom outside!

 Clarence Mahan in VA.