Re: re virus streaks and weather

What causes the virus, Clarence?  Is it weather related?  What is the virus
and what do we do about it?  Both my daughter and I have trouble grwoing
AS AP.  Other folks seem to be able to do it.  Does the virus affect
hardiness or just the bloom?
Did you get any accordian pleated foliage?  In the past, we had a lot of
it and that seems to be weather related -- hot, cold, etc.  Ok this

I am looking foward to our show!! your description was mouthwatering!!
Also looking forward to bloomstalks!!  We have daffs, and forsythia and
even the flowering crabs (just in time for Mother's day, as usual).
It's been raining every damned day in Buffalo New York but over the weekend
we had the annual Glad Bag Athon and a 30 K Run with international competition
and everyone was OUT THERE ANYWAY!!!  Good old Buffalo!! The city looks just
marvelous.  We havae a Buffalo In Bloom Contest and I sincerely believe
people respond tot that.

What a wonderful sight to drive down the streets and look at houses with
their multicolored trim, Green with gold paint on the trim and yellow daffs
in front, Purple and pink (yup, don't know what else to call it( with crab
apple trees in bloom.  It is exciting to see the city alive.  Crime
stats are down, all we have to do is figure out where the money to pay the
13 % tax rise will come from !!  And put two feet on the ground and say,
this is where I stand!!

It's not easy to be optimistic about city living in winter .. But this spring
makes up for it!!

Carolyn Schaffner in Flowery Buffalo, NY