bloom and seedling germination report!!

Oh boy!  Sharon - four of the baby arilbreds have germinated!!  I got so
excited my hair got goosebumps!  I have been checking my washtubs twice a
day, and these are over an inch tall - off to a great start!

The hot muggy weather has made all the later bud stalks come on up to more
normal looking height and in the last two days, the purple seedling from
Shreiner's seedling trial offer has made buds.  4 fans with three bloom
stalks in spite of the usual bad rot in the mother rhizome.  Three
bloomstalks on a half rotten rhizome?  Not bad!  Who knows what it would have
done if I had known Clarence's trick of leaving the rhizomes out to dry
before planting.

I am now starting my annual two week iris vacation.  Ahhhh.

Linda Mann lmann76543@aol.com e tenn usa