bloom success 40 - 60%

The first TB of the season (other than one stalk of pallida) - Jesse's Song.
 The good news is that about half of the TB varieties have bud stalks,
including new store-boughts, which always get better treatment than my older
plants.  And rot seems to be only in a few varieties that got kind of carried
away with growth last year.

The bad news is that about half don't have any sign of buds and a lot are
going to be about half advertised height.  My weedy little pallida crosses
are normal height, but most of them don't have bloom stalks either.  The
biggest disappointment - neither CELEBRATION SONG (which looks great -
healthy, good growth, no sign of any kind of distress) nor BOOGIE WOOGIE
(which looks sort of good) has any sign of bud. Typical year, I guess.

HIPS is sounding better and better.

linda mann lmann76543@aol.com e tenn usa