Re: bloom success 40 - 60%

LMann76543@aol.com wrote:

> The first TB of the season (other than one stalk of pallida) - Jesse's Song.
>  The good news is that about half of the TB varieties have bud stalks....
>
> The bad news is that about half don't have any sign of buds ...
> The
> biggest disappointment - neither CELEBRATION SONG (which looks great -
> healthy, good growth, no sign of any kind of distress) nor BOOGIE WOOGIE
> (which looks sort of good) has any sign of bud. Typical year, I guess.
>
> HIPS is sounding better and better.

Don't give up hope!!!

The iris season is strange. In winterless southern California
(more so than usual this year) I had significant bloom in late
February, I'm still getting a good number of new stalks, and a
few have not done anything yet (but I bet many of them will).

Your garden's performance may surprise you.

Gerry Snyder