Re: halo, umbrata, aurata, luminata

>Breeders: Want to make an "umbrata-aurata"? This could be really attractive.
>Imagine an iris with pure yellow standards and blue falls with a precise
>rim of bright *yellow* (not butterscotch or brown).>>
>
>Wow!! Or make an umbrata-aurata-luminata with a white (or would it be
>yellow?) starburst around the beard....

WOW... can't we get back to more "user friendly" terminology.  Ever watch the
'deer in the headlights' look when you're trying to explain iris color
terminology to a new person.
What's wrong with 'rimmed'?  Easily understandable.  Didn't someone advertise
"double rimmers" not too long ago?  Always intrigued me.

Kathy Guest
who believes in KISS.... keep it simple, stupid