Seed Exchanges

       Greetings from Port Franklin, friendliest place in Oz!
             barrie@cloud.net.au      <Barrie Partridge>

 ja> From:  >Karin Hinsen  seconfid@mtnweb.com

 >I am not a member of any of the iris seed exchanges but if anyone is
 >interested in the pacific coast native douglas??? I could collect seed and
 >send some. I can't spell it sorry. I just returned from the AIS convention
 >and brought some flowers and leaves from some wild clumps near my house and
 >had it identified. I will collect some seed if anyone is interested. It is
 >blooming now so I would need to know soon especially if someone wanted seed
 >from multiple plants of different colors. If that isn't an issue I could
 >just wait and wander though the poison oak looking for pods. Sounds fun
 >doesn't it. The colors range from white through pale yellow, pale violet to
 >dark violet. I even found a clump of pinkish violet.

       G'day Karin, from the slave of an Iris grower down-under.

       My wife is a keen grower and I have no doubt she would be
       absolutely delighted to get hold of some seed of varieties
       unknown here.  There would be no mad rush as we are just moving
       into our winter - such as it is, with only four or five frosts
       and all gone by 10am!!

       I am told that sending seeds overseas by mail is A - OK.

       I must stress that if you have to say no to this FOR ANY REASON
       AT ALL I shall completely understand, I just write as it would
       be a way for Barbara to get one up on the local competition!!

       Happy growing.

       The snail finds us at:
       P.O. Box 1026, Port Franklin, Victoria, 3964, Australia.
       I really must get something bigger than this box, for with a
       computer AND a wife it gets crowded in here!!

       Barrie, the Pear Tree Twit!
       Back to the birdseed now - you can see I've had some already!

.. I think my family Pear Tree has developed root rot!
~~~ Blue Wave/386 v2.20