Re: Parks' Policy of "Exclusives"

Sharon writes

:Some years ago, I was approached as a potential source of arilbred stock for
:Parks.   The catch was, they wanted varieties that would be "exclusive" to
:-- not registered varieties that anyone can sell once they have been
:Needless to say, I declined.
:Nevertheless, I still think that Parks is an excellent company from which to
:order seeds and supplies.  I just don't recommend them as a source of iris

Thanks for the straight story on this! I'll add as a sidebar that Parks owns
Wayside Gardens (the ones with the gorgeous catalog and pricey plants) and that
some (at least) of the Wayside irises have been registered by Park Seed Co.
Perhaps their overall policy is getting more realistic, or perhaps they thought
the upscale Wayside market might include some iris experts who would recoil
at buying an unregistered iris.

In any case, I agree with Sharon that Parks is a great source for seeds and
supplies. They're one of my favorite companies.